Search This Blog

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Its a living















I started driving a schoolbus in 1989, 21 years now
behind that big wheel. No one ever got rich driving
a schoolbus, but hey, somebody has to do it. I've
really enjoyed being behind that big wheel and I've
had some great kids over the years, and some not
so great too. But all in all the worse part of my job...
fueling and cleaning that big bus. The one in the
picture has a 100 gal tank and I usually had to fill
it twice a week. Cleaning....well, lets just say the
little darlings can be quite messy with their snacks
and gum even though things like that are against
the rules.
When school starts I plan to switch to a little mini-
bus, many folks refer to it as a "short" bus. I will
transport special needs students. I will probably
transport maybe a half dozen or just a few but in
most cases there is a bus aide to help with these
type of students.

No comments:

Post a Comment